The updated MAS 3.7 is now available from Fraunhofer IIS.
We are happy to announce that the upgraded version 3.7 of the MPEG-H Authoring Suite (MAS) is now available as free download (subject to registration) on the Fraunhofer IIS website. Some highlights of the new features include:
- Additional Component Layouts for better DAW integration (7.1+2, Quad Height, …) in the MPEG-H Authoring Plug-in
- Export session templates for use in broadcast devices in the MPEG-H Authoring Tool
- The MPEG-H Conversion Tool for direct conversion of object-only content for music productions, improved 3daa 360RA level 3 support (including LFE handling) and support for MPEG-H Masters with up to 32 channels
The MPEG-H Authoring Suite (MAS) is a toolset for the creation of MPEG-H Masters (read more about it here). It can be used in all areas of the field – from radio and TV broadcast to immersive music streaming – and supports content creators and broadcasters in delivering interactive immersive sound to their audiences. It comprises:
- The MPEG-H Authoring Plug-in (MHAPi) that takes you through all the steps of creating object- or channel-based MPEG-H Audio productions inside a VST3- or AAX-enabled Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
- The MPEG-H Authoring Tool (MHAT) that enables you to create MPEG-H metadata with existing audio material without the need of a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
- The MPEG-H Conversion Tool (MCO) that converts MPEG-H compliant content masters between different file formats. It also serves as an interface to the MPEG-H Audio ecosystem and supports the import and export of MPEG-H Master files.
- The MPEG-H Production Format Player (MPF Player) that enables quality control of files containing video and associated MPF audio. It supports a variety of video formats, such as ProRes422 in a MOV or H264/H265 in an MP4 container.
Learn more about the MAS 3.7, the individual tools and their updates from the Fraunhofer IIS production tool expert Philipp Eibl in the video below. Also make sure to have a look at all MPEG-H tutorials here.